Re: GPG error on apt-get update

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 07:44:39PM -0500, Chinook wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> >Bernd Prager wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm getting a GPG error when I execute an apt-get update:
> >>
> >>But root has the required keys in the pubring:
>
> I've been following this issue and also did:
> debian1:/home/leec# wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2005.asc
> -O - | sudo apt-key add -
> debian1:/home/leec# wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc
> -O - | sudo apt-key add -
>
> The wgets were successful but didn't help the "Not Authenticated" issue.
>

>From a command line/terminal - change to wherever you downloaded the
keys to.

You have the two keys - ending *.asc [Commands below indented by one tab
for visibility only].

	apt-key add ziyi_key_2005.asc

You should get a GPG message ending OK

	apt-key add ziyi_key_2006.asc

And you're done.

HTH,

Andy

[New version of apt - 0.6.43 - in unstable today - probably includes the
requisite keys.]