Re: cannot get into X - after testing dist-upgrade 11-03-05

Mike Chandler wrote:

On Monday 07 November 2005 09:26 pm, Kent West wrote:
I'd try firing up KDE as a different user (or, if you don't have any KDE
settings you with to preserve, rename/delete ~/.kde and ~/.kderc and/or
other KDE-related files in your home directory).

in my /home directory I have a
.kderc
...that is the only "file" like that I find. There is a folder named .kde...should I rename that too, as you suggest?
Yes. When I referred to "other KDE-related files", I was using the word "files" in the Unix sense, in that "everything is a file" in Unix. So, yes, rename the .kde directory also.

Although as I've thought about it, I think I'd start by creating a new user and trying as that user first; that will take your settings completely out of the picture, not just your KDE settings.

--
Kent