Re: qemu & vt's

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:52:36PM +0100, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> >wicked cool.  now I'm going to figure out how to install kqemu to make
> >things a bit faster, and then I'm off to try out ReactOS & install
> >those games my kids want to play!  how utterly cool!
> if you succeed could you please post how to do it? doesn't seem very
> straightforward to me - the README in the package refers to running
> configure, but there's no configure in that directory...

you will need the source for qemu too. for example, if i'm in
/usr/local/src and i have the two sources downloaded...

$ tar xzf qemu-0.7.2.tar.gz
$ cd qemu-0.7.2
$ tar xzf ../kqemu-0.7.2.tar.gz
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

the make install mknoded a dev. if you are using udev, you'll want to
remove that, then run "modprobe kqemu major=0" (this is in the
documentation, and in my /etc/modules). i also adjusted my
/etc/udev/permissions.rules to give my regular user account rw access to
this device.