Re: find: files *created* before a specified time ???

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 19:54 -0600, helices wrote:
> I need to automate the deletion of files in a specified directory that
> were created X number of days ago, or more.
>
> Usually, I use `find' and -mtime; but, I do not believe that any
> combination of atime, ctime nor mtime get me what I need.  Am I missing
> something here?
>
> What do you think?

Do ext2/3, ReiserFS, etc, even store create-time?  I don't think
so.  NTFS & ODS-2 (the OpenVMS filesystem) do, but that won't help
us.

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-os.path.html
    getctime(path)
    Return the system's ctime which, on some systems (like Unix)
    is the time of the last change, and, on others (like Windows),
    is the creation time for path.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Millions of Chinese speak Chinese, and it's not hereditary..."
Dr. Dean Edell