Re: What blocks access to my host?

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Aaron Stromas wrote:

> I can telnet to SMTP post locally (telnet 127.0.0.1 smtp)

that should will always work ...

> "connection refused" when I try to telnet from a box on the same
> subnet.

on the target box .. turn on telnet in /etc/inetd.conf and
consider your machines and other machines on the network cracked
and hacked ...
	- now that you know the answer ... graduate and go to the
	next grade :-)

to minimize the chance that you lose all data on all machines,
use ssh instead

assume that the crackers is inside your network, behind your firewall,
as they are most likely are sitting and watching and fiddling around

c ya
alvin