Re: Wacom Graphire 3 (usb) under Debian Sarge

Wolfgang Qual wrote:

> recently, I got a nice Wacom Graphire 3 (usb) graphic table. As far as I
> know, the driver for this device is already integrated in the Debian
> Kernel.I adapted my XF86-Config-4 after having read quite a few pages on
> the internet. However, it is still not possible to *work* with the graphic
> table: the cursor is jumping (or a jumping white border is visible) around
> when I hold the stylus pen still on the table!

Did you read the wacom(4x) manpage? Look for Option Suppress there.

> Also, klicking on the menue buttons will not work properly.

Probably because of the steady movement.

> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "stylus"
>         Driver      "wacom"
>         Option      "CorePointer"
>         Option      "Type" "stylus"
>         Option      "USB"  "on"
>         Option      "Threshold" "10"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
>         Option      "Mode" "Absolute"
>         Option      "PressCurve" "0,5,95,100"
>         Option      "zMin" "0"
>         Option      "zMax" "512"
>         Option      "KeepShape" "on"
>         Option      "debuglevel"    "10"
> EndSection

I did not use most of the options that you have above. Some of those are not
even mentioned in the wacom(4x) manpage. Maybe those are a cause of your
problem? You can only have one "CorePointer", but you can use the AlwaysCore
option for the other ones.

Not that if you do _not_ make them corepointer, you get some nice support in
gimp (but also as corepointer).

Do not use /dev/input/mice while using the wacom or all events from wacom
input will appear twice.

HS

        oder über pgp.net