Re: Easy way to determine how much memory a program used?

and what about "free -m" ??
it gives output like this
~:$ free -m
Mem:           885        583        302          0         58        319
-/+ buffers/cache:        204        680
Swap:         1906          0       1906

perhaps it may be useful for you : )