Re: Newest Firefox - Problems

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 07:25:03PM -0400, Kenneth Jacker wrote:
> Other new weirdness: some of my extensions appear to be broken /
> non-functional;  clicking on the little blue circle with a white arrow
> (Updates Available) also causes the application to terminate.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?  Solutions?

Yes. :( I can for instance open a new tab, but when I try to close a
tab (in every way I know) firefox crashes.  I've experimented a bit by
comparing my profile with a new one and replacing files in the new
profile by ones in my old profile.  I blame it on the extensions now.
I experimented in the Extra->Extensions menu, but opening that menu
now also crashes firefox.  Note that I hardly ever update my
extensions---unless there is an official Debian update for it---so I
may have to start blaming myself of course. :-(

Starting it in safe-mode helps:

firefox -safe-mode

This disables the extensions.  Going to Extra->Extensions still
crashes it though.  I can live with this for the moment, but a more
permanent and robust solution would be thankfully welcomed. :)

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse