Re: Newest Firefox - Problems

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 07:25:03PM -0400, Kenneth Jacker wrote:
> [sarge;  mozilla-firefox-1.0.4-2sarge2]
>
> I've encounter some problems after the recent 'firefox' update ...
>
> For example, entering C-b (or selecting View/Sidebar/Bookmarks via the
> menus) causes 'firefox' to immediately exit.  Same with C-h (history).
>
> Other new weirdness: some of my extensions appear to be broken /
> non-functional;  clicking on the little blue circle with a white arrow
> (Updates Available) also causes the application to terminate.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?  Solutions?

Same here.  ctxextensions is b0rked (every option shows up in the
context menu, even if I disable them) and also causes firefox to crash
when entering the extensions menu.  I ended up just uninstalling.  I
have also lost the ability to middle click on anything except for links
ending in .html.  For example, middle-clicking to open a new tab from a
story on the front page of slashdot doesn't work.  It treats it like a
paste of a URL in a neutral part of the page (if there is something in
the cut buffer) and goes there instead.  Very annoying.

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto