Re: Video card not recognised

Did you search the ATI web site for a driver? Maybe with a driver of
them will work better than the built-in driver from xfree. For the
refresh rate, I normally solve that issue by editing the XF86Config-4
file by myself, you have to put the refresh rates that matches your
monitor.
For example:
Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Samsung SyncMaster 793s"