Re: video slower than sound

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:08:22PM +0200, Michal Simovic wrote:

hi, recently as i was watching video in Xine on my Sarge system i found out the video is slightly slower(or more accurately - it's shown a bit later) than the accompanying sound(the singer opens her mouth a bit

xine has some options for adjusting audio sync. You may have to change your configuration level in the app, though, as a lot of things are hidden on the default novice setting.

You may also want to renice your video application to a higher priority. On my slow laptops, I use something similar to this:

   stotem () { totem "$@" & sudo renice -20 $(pgrep totem) }

in order to give more CPU to the video codec.

--
Re-Interpreting Historic Miracles with SED #141: %s/water/wine/g