PCMCIA network card

I finally dusted off my PCMCIA wireless card after a prolonged time in storage.

I have some notes on how to set this up from some years back (2001 or earlier) and I suspect that the configurations for wireless cards might have changed a bit.

I also know that I had a somewhat kludged install at the time.

Is there an entry point someone could recommend so I can find a clean path for installing a network card? It's an Orinoco Gold card.