Debian on xSeries (x266)?

Hi all;

being into upgrading our server environment, I've been offered IBM
xSeries x226 machines at quite good conditions and sort of am willing to
get those; however, since our current production servers are running
Debian sarge, the new machines also are supposed to, but IBM, concerning
the x226, is only supporting several older versions of SuSE and RHEL.
Unfortunately, I can't have any of those machines for testing purposes
and google isn't that verbose on that topic, as well, so: Anyone around
here running Debian on the x226? Will Debian work on that servers? Are
there any pitfalls I should worry about?

Thanks loads and have a calm weekend,
Kris/

--
Kristian Rink 	-- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden