installing tomcat4

Hi-
I've been playing around with installing and configuring opennms for the last few days and I'm pretty happy with how the whole package works but I've run into a problem. In the course of making configuration changes to tomcat4 (can't use 5 with opennms) I completely screwed up the tomcat installation. So, I removed that package and attempted to re-install. Unfortunately, it seems that no matter what I do, the package will not install correctly now. Several files wind up missing (specifically bootstrap.jar, the /etc/init.d script, among others). I've done an apt-get clean thinking that maybe the package I had downloaded previously was somehow corrupt. But no luck. Am I missing something?

I actually considered recompiling tomcat from source but that is one of the most convoluted processes I've ever seen for a straight compile. There are about 5 different source packages that need to be downloaded for it to work, many of which I haven't been able to find for tomcat4 since the project has moved on to 5.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Craig Russell
AirDigitalNetwork.com