Re: installing tomcat4

On 21/06/05 03:42 Craig Russell wrote:
> I've run into a problem.  In the course of making configuration changes
> to tomcat4 (can't use 5 with opennms) I completely screwed up the tomcat
> installation.  So, I removed that package and attempted to re-install.
> Unfortunately, it seems that no matter what I do, the package will not
> install correctly now.  Several files wind up missing (specifically
> bootstrap.jar, the /etc/init.d script, among others).  I've done an
> apt-get clean thinking that maybe the package I had downloaded
> previously was somehow corrupt.  But no luck.  Am I missing something?

Doesn't apt-get offer a hint when it fails?

Does the apt-get remove work OK or does it fail?

If the remove fails, when you see the error message, check out the script that apt-get is running from the package and edit it so that it doesn't fail. Preferably clean up manually after that if you have to. I am assuming it isn't a complete mess.

Adam