FW: Sarge Upgrade DEBOCLE ! ! !

> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Joerg Rossdeutscher [mailto:ratti@gesindel.de]
> > Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 2:15 PM
> > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > Subject: Re: Sarge Upgrade DEBOCLE ! ! !
> >

> > AFAIK dselect gets removed from debian.
> > apt-get is deprecated.
> > aptitude is the tool to be used.
> >
> > Bye,
> > Ratti

 An aside:

 I sincerely hope that apt-get does not go away.  Aptitude has *a long*
 ways to go before it is very useful to me.  It reminds me of dselect -
 clumsy and not very efficient.  I could have a package found and installed
 using apt-get before I even began to guess which subheading it is hiding
 under in aptitude.  To me aptitude is just an unwanted step-child of
 dselect - which I didn't like either.

 That is just my 2 cents worth of course.  Everybody else in the world is
 free to disagree.

 Disclaimer:
 This official communication represents the views of the voices in head and
 should not be confused with any other voices that you are hearing.