Re: Request for window manager recommendations

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 06:25:08 -0300
Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:

> On Jun 12 2005, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > herminio@gmail.com wrote:
> > > A personal recommendation of your favourite window manager would be
> > > much appreciated.
> >
> >     I'd say give XFCE4 a try.  While I generally use KDE it wasn't
> > practical on my laptop w/only 192Mb of RAM.
>
> But neither XFCE nor KDE are window managers. They are desktop
> environments. This is a common misconception among people discussing
> "graphical environments" for X.

I used fluxbox for quite a while after having unresolved dissappearing menu trouble with KDE..  Now I'm using Windowmaker and it's great..  BUT.. I do miss those tabbed windows..

--
Cheers: Mike

.. Now, a little humor compliments of Linux Fortune...