Re: How can I tag Ogg/FLAC files from their discid?

On Vendredi 20 Mai 2005 08:44, Mark Janssen wrote:
> You can specify which steps you want to perform (cddb, rip, encode,tag,
> rename, delete temp files) So you could do the ŕip/encode step when
> offline, and later do thecddb and rename steps later

Yep, I'll be using ABCDE for the rip & encode, as it happens.  The only
trouble is that, because it's CD-orientated, I'd have to manually note down
the disc IDs, then input them to ABCDE afterwards.

Unless of course, somebody could write me a script?  ;-)

Something along the lines of:

for all .ogg files in this directory and all subdirectories
	cddb = ogginfo | grep "cddb" | some fancy sed stuff
	abcde -C $cddb
done

Unfortunately my BASH scripting (and knowledge of sed) isn't quite sufficient
to do this...  Any help most appreciated!

Cheers,

Jon