Re: How to unsubscribe

Michael Marsh wrote:
> On 4/28/05, Keziah W <keziahw@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I just posted twice, and neither got the unsubscription message attached to
>>them.
>> I know the mesage is not there at all - I have gmail, so I can view the
>>original, unfiltered message by clicking "Show original" - and it's
>>definitely not attached to either message. (I pasted it into the first as a
>>test)
>

> Interestingly, your messages _do_ get the standard .sig, probably
> because you're sending mail with multipart/alternative text and html
> segments, so there's an obvious end to a MIME-encapsulated section.
> I'm willing to believe that Gmail is doing the wrong thing with
> single-part mail.
>
> Here's the full message that you sent, as received by me:
> ....snip....

I use Thunderbird(TB) to read the list emails. A little bit of search
did show me something which may explain why I didn't get the unsubscribe
signature at the end of signed messages(normal view).

For pgp signed messages, the headers show that the content-type
is(message-id I'm using <[🔎] 20050427235439.GB3342@mauritsvanrees.xs4all.nl>):

	protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC"

And the unsubscribe signature falls out of the boundary delimiters,
--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC in this case. The starting of the signed messages
contains the following headers:

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

Which gives me the entire content within those delimiters in my message
read window. Nothing after the last "--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--" is printed in
the viewing pane.

As for gmail, I notice that emails from them have different
content-type, for example:

signature!!