Re: SSH Blocking

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 05:46:54PM -0400, Stephen R Laniel wrote:

> Is there a faster way to make this happen?

Not really, although the point is to keep a single private key with you
at all times, and load the public key everywhere you might need to go.
You can't get around having to pre-authorize the public key.

Another tool you can use, though, is one-time passwords. I find that
openssh coupled with opie, and keeping a pre-generated list of passwords
in my pocket is a good backup measure. It also avoids the potential
issue of an untrusted client gaining a copy of the private key, if
that's a concern for you.

The bottom line, though, is that you still have to pre-authorize
yourself on all your servers. There's just no getting around that.

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/