Re: Dmesg garbage after kernel recompile

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Well, I hate to say it, but I think you're going to have to fall back
to good old trial and error: pull down a stock kernel and start making
your changes, one by one, and boot off of the resulting kernel each
time until you find the option that's causing the trouble.
Yes, it's time-consuming and annoying, but it should get to the bottom
of it ...

I already had some nightmares about this. :)
One big problem is that we did not had enough time until now, to fullfill this procedure. And it looks like we will not have for a while. Another problem is that in the past half years we had some experiences that took us to the conclusion, that the erroneous kernels are not coming deterministically. I mean (mostly in the starting period of these bugs) we had a lots of recompiles with same (or almost same) parameters and differing results. I know this sounds very weird, but anyway this symptom is altogether very weird.

I will make another try around some kernel user lists, maybe I will have some luck. I'm only wondering that noone else has met this problem. We are not really newbies with Linux and Debian, but this is the first problem that lasted so long, and which wasn't solved in mostly a few weeks.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Bye
Tylla