Re: Personal Finance w/Online Banking

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 18:16 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 April 2005 12:42, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> >Pollywog wrote:
> >> I use Gnucash but I don't believe it supports online banking.  It
> >> does allow one to download a banking statement and then import it
> >> into an account but that is about it as far as online banking is
> >> concerned.
> >
> >Excuse my ignorance, but what more is there to online banking that a
> >program can support?
> >
> >My banks have browser access where I can move money between accounts
> > and see balances and history. I thought _that_ was online banking!
> > It sounds like I'm missing something?
>
> My bank allows ne to pay my bills online. I fill out the amount, the
> account it comes from, and their program writes and mails the check
> on the designated day.  Thats handier than sliced bread and bottled
> beer combined. :-)

Tell me about it!  I've been doing that for almost 10 years, and
my uncle for more than 20 years, since back when he had an Osborne 1
and a 300 baud modem.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

The only thing that changed on 9/11 is that the dynamite that got
stuck up our ass blew our heads out of the sand.