Re: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Le Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:44:14 +0530, Rishi a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I use Debian Unstable ... and I have an application that requires the GNOME
> desktop, so I installed apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment ....
>
> But when I try to execute the application ... it says:

> error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open
RH libssl.so.4 is named libssl.so.0.9.7 in debian (the source is
openssl-0.9.7 for both !
http://www.megaloman.com/~hany/RPM/libssl.so.4.html ).
RH is sometime insane.

> Any ideas on what I need to install to fix this?

>From
http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/debian-utf8/HOWTO/howto.html
linx section :
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libcrypto.so.0.9.7 libcrypto.so.4
# ln -s libssl.so.0.9.7 libssl.so.4

your application is provided as a RH rpm isn't it ?

Cheers
Alban