error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hi,

I use Debian Unstable ... and I have an application that requires the GNOME
desktop, so I installed apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment ....

But when I try to execute the application ... it says:

error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open

Any ideas on what I need to install to fix this?

This application works fine on Red Hat 7.2

Regards

Rishi