Re: Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out

 --- "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
> The problem is that when I run Mozilla from the menu in wmaker, it
> ignores all of those specifications.  I have /opt/bin added in both
> /etc/login.defs and /etc/profile.  When I 'echo $PATH' either as root

Having it in /etc/profile is fine, although modifying that variable is
risque at best.  Do it on the per-user level.

> or as a regular user I get /opt/bin in there.  However, if I have
> linked acroread only into /opt/bin, the plugin fails in Mozilla and
> Firefox.  If I relink it /usr/local/bin, then it works fine.  The

This is most likely a shared-object issue.  I bet if you added the path:

/opt/lib

(or whatever it is for you)

in the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and ran:

ldconfig -X

that it would then work from /opt

Of course, your other option is to forget /opt, and use stow as a means of
managing external apps from /usr/local/* ....

-- Thomas Adam

"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"