Re: Finding the common textual denominator

On Sunday 06 March 2005 16:15, Olle Eriksson wrote:
> On Sunday 06 March 2005 12.39, Olle Eriksson wrote:
> >It is well enough to find only the common beginnings of the
> > strings.

> > An example:
> > aa bbbcc
> > bb bccdd
> > bb bbbdd
>
> I'm going to have to correct myself. Of course the above example should
> return "" (nothing) since there is no common denominator beginning these
> text strings. With the one starting with "aa", it should return "bb b".

Now I'm really confused.  How can you have a common denominator with only one
line?  How is "bb b" the "common beginning of" the string "aa bbbcc"?  I
think you need to tell us what you're really trying to accomplish, rather
than asking for solutions to hypothetical situations :)

--
Lee.