Re: KERNEL 2.6.10 BOOT PROBLEM

bog wrote:
Well I also have installed kernel-image-2.6.10-1-686, which of course
works with no problem,but I wanted to compile one from kernel.org.

What are those advantages if I use the kernel from debian?Why would it
be better to work with those?

Unles syou are downloading the absolute latest snapshot, there is the
potential that you are downloading a kernel source that has unpatched
security vulnerabilities.  So you can either watch the kernel changelog
every day for patches to security problems, or use the debianized kernel
sources which include the requisite patches.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr