Re: XMMS and Sreamtuner?

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 03:22 pm, Adam Porter wrote:
> geoff wrote:
> > On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 02:27 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >>For me, it "just works".  What happens when you try to open a
> >>stream using ST?
> >>
> >>What DE are you using?
> >
> > Hi Ron, It connects, buffers, then a box comes up "couldn't open audio"
> > please check your soundcard is configured properly and you have the
> > correct output plugin selected and no other program is blocking the
> > soundcard.> In Mepis the output plugin in XMMS is aRts Output 0.7.1
> > (libarts.so) but I haven't got that in the configuration boxes in Debian
> > XMMS
> > thanks
> > geoff
>
> We still don't know what desktop environment you're using, but I
> recommend you install ALSA, configure it, and then install the XMMS ALSA
> plugin, then set XMMS to use that for its audio output.

Sorry, I'm in KDE,
I got alsa and did alsa conf in  the terminal and got, "unloading alsa sound
drivers: (none loaded) building card database. No card database. Aborting."
Xmms has alsa as an output plugin now but still get the above message in
I do get system sounds and the mixer is OK.
Any more ideas?
thanks
geoff