Re: XMMS and Sreamtuner?

geoff wrote:
Sorry, I'm in KDE, I got alsa and did alsa conf in the terminal and got, "unloading alsa sound drivers: (none loaded) building card database. No card database. Aborting." Xmms has alsa as an output plugin now but still get the above message in previous post..
I do get system sounds and the mixer is OK.
Any more ideas?
thanks
geoff

Sounds like ALSA wasn't installed properly, or something like that. Maybe try purging it and reinstalling it? If you want to fiddle with ALSA more, that is.