Re: [Maybe OT]WINE related question

Well, first of all many thanks. Other questions in the text.

Roman Stöckl-Schmidt wrote:
Although it is *strongly discouraged* to run programs off a native
windows install in wine, especially if they are residing on a NTFS
partition, you be your own judge here.

Imagine I would like to run Visio ... I have it on my native XP partition (which as you say is a ro NTFS). Would it be enough that I make a copy under my "fake C drive" and run it from there ?

Just append the appropriate line to your wine config, which is usually
$HOME/.wine/config like so:

OLD entry reads e.g.:
"Path" = "C:\\Windows;C:\\Windows\\System32;X:\\;X:\\test;Y:\\"

NEW entry should read e.g.:
"Path" =
"C:\\Windows;C:\\Windows\\System32;Z:\\winxp\\WINDOWS\\system;Z:\\winxp\WINDOWS\system32;X:\\;X:\\test;Y:\\"

as you can see in my case the root filesystem is configured as drive Z:
on my system. This is the default behaviour when wine is initially
configured by winesetup (The codeweavers script).

Very very instructive.

Again many thanks,
Bob

PS I have IE6 running at last ... so now I have a GNOME desktop with KDE Konqueror from which I start IE6 ... to make the savages confused :) :)