Re: mozilla and mozilla-thunderbird wont start

On 02/18/2005 01:00 PM, Michael Friendly wrote:

> Well, actually gimp (v. 2.2.2) complains that it requires FreeType
> v.2.1.7+, .... Please upgrade ... , but for the most part I don't
> have problems with other applications.

That's odd -- what do you get if you type "dpkg -l libfreetype6"?  How
about "apt-cache policy libfreetype6"?  The gimp package in both testing
and unstable has a dependency on libfreetype6 >= 2.1.7, so if it's not
installed, something is broken on your system.  Try "apt-get install
libfreetype6".  Maybe this could also be the source of your mozilla
problems?

By the way, please reply to the list, not to me -- you'll get more help
that way.

regards,

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544