Re: unable to lose wallet!

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 01:41:34AM +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:50:05 +0100, Richard Lyons wrote:
>
> > I'm puzzled.  I have some elements of kde installed, but only to run
> > kile and konqueror and quanta+ (okay, I do play a few of the k games
> > occasionally too).  I gave up the kdewm ages back in favour of icewm.
> > Recently, a pest called kwallet keeps popping up and needing to be
> > cancelled every time I log onto a url requiring a password.  Now it
> > has become very insistent and prevents transmission of my password
> > whenever I cancel it, so I cannot log on with a password anywhere using
> > konqueror.  So I did apt-get remove kwalletmanager.  But it is still
> > there.  How to kill it?  Any ideas?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > --
> > richard
>
> Google for "kwallet url password" gives some ideas. I guess.
> That's all I can make out, though. I don't use it. Here kwalletmanager is
> installed but never showed up.
> Did you ever use it ?

>From when it appeared, for months, I always simply dismissed it each time.
IIRC, I eventually thought I could give it a try on a site that I regarded
as unimportant.  It seemed not particularly useful, but I guess that was
the trigger for it to become a complete block on all other sites too.  I
shall probably have to purge everything kde to get rid of its database,
and then reinstall the bits I use again, and simply suffer the damn thing
popping up when it chooses.  They really ought to have a "do not show
this window again" option for those who do not want it.

Thanks anyway.

--
richard