Re: How to boot alternative Debian version safely?

Anthony Campbell wrote:
I want to install a second version of Debian on a different partition
(don't ask why, it's a long story; I need to experiment).

Have you considered using a chroot environment?  As long as you are not
doing kernel-level stuff, you can use a chroot environment fairly
easily.  If you need something with more separation, then try user mode
linux.  Much easir to manage when you don't need to reboot constantly.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr