Re: How to boot alternative Debian version safely?

On 10 Feb 2005, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Anthony Campbell wrote:
> >I want to install a second version of Debian on a different partition
> >(don't ask why, it's a long story; I need to experiment).
>
> Have you considered using a chroot environment?  As long as you are not
> doing kernel-level stuff, you can use a chroot environment fairly
> easily.  If you need something with more separation, then try user mode
> linux.  Much easir to manage when you don't need to reboot constantly.
>
> -Roberto
>
> --
> Roberto C. Sanchez
> http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr

Yes, I did think of this but I don't expect to do too much in the
alternative system at present so rebooting won't be a problem once I get
it to work.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk for
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  weblog, book reviews, electronic