Re: Still cannot install the nvidia driver-SOLVED-ADDITIONAL

well...it's good to hear that you've got rid of it .
I just want to add ( or change ) some additional step
which I did last couple day when i reinstall the
driver.
Beside you can go with init1, you probably need to run
it under init3 if you want the device mapper included
in the proccess.
But you should prevent X not to run under init3. It
can be done by, simply, rename your 'dm' (xdm or kdm
or gdm) in /etc/init.d. ( in my case i renamed my gdm
to gdm-dude :D ). the rest steps is the same...

cheers,

  me
--- Yuen Sum Ng <james_nghk_debian_user@yahoo.com.hk>