How to have better quality display?

Things are back to normal after I do an online-upgrade of kdm. I'm looking into the frills now.

I am using Intel on-board Extreme Graphics. In xserver-xfree86 config, the selections are Vesa for controller and 800x600 for res. This does not give a good quality display. I'm sure Extremd Graphics can do better than this. Under WinXP it is like print-on-paper with non-jugged, smooth edges. Is there a better setting for the display?

Cheers

Do you Yahoo!?