Re: exim doesn't work both ways

On 2004-04-09, Marty Landman penned:
> At 02:37 PM 4/9/2004, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>
>>Are you running an SMTP server on delliver?
>
> No. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Not to question your setup here, but why exactly do you want to have a
mail server on every machine?  I mean, I've gone through some pretty
grotesque contortions to set up my mail just as I want it, but I still
have all of my mail delivered to a single server.  From there, I choose
to just read it locally using mutt + ssh, but I could implement a pop
server, imap server, etc easily enough.

I guess I'm just trying to understand the problem you're trying to solve
by having three mail servers.  It seems like it would just cause
confusion -- "now where did I put this message?"

--
monique