Re: Ann: gpm-X guide

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 06:53:07AM +0000, Peter Samuelson wrote:

| [Derrick 'dman' Hudson]
| > http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/gpm-X/
|
| One comment.  Using repeat_type=raw is the *wrong* thing to do.
[snip correction]

Peter,

Thank you for correcting a couple misunderstandings here.  What you
wrote certainly makes sense - a bi-directional protocol can't really
be multiplexed like that.  I didn't even realize that any mouse
protocols where bi-directional, and I certainly didn't know that gpm's
'ms3' protocol included a wheel mouse.  I have (finally) updated my
doc to include everything you wrote in your (snipped) message.

-D

--
There are 10 types of people in the world:
those who understand binary, and those who do not.