Re: Fetchmail Query

* Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> [2004-02-28 03:24]:
> On Saturday 28 February 2004 06:16, Peter A. Cole wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm experiencing a minor issue with fetchmail 6.2.4.
> >
> > There is one message in my mailbox at my ISP that fetchmail sees but won't
> > delete or anything.
> >
> > When it goes to retrieve this message, it has an NDR message: SMTP error:
> > 451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address admin@cheapsoftwarecds.us does not
> > resolve.

Dont know if this is the right solution for you, however, I have in the
past had problems with fetchmail refusing to fetch a msg from my ISP due to what it deemed to be incorrect headers.

When this occurs, I manually delete it using a telnet session.  The port for POP is 110, so the basic flow is something like this.

telnet my.isp.pop-server 110
trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
connected to my.isp.pop-server
escape character is '^]'
+OK
USER myid
+OK
PASS secret
+OK
STAT
+OK 0 0
LIST x             <---  where x is the message number
RETR x             <---  try to look at the message
DELE x             <---  to delete the message
QUIT

HTH
Lou