Re: Bonjour - WAY OT.

Incoming from Marty Landman:

> At 04:39 AM 2/18/2004, Pierre-François Gandolfo wrote:
> >.Contenu de : ../X/Tmp/Xvfb.log
> >>
> >> This isn't Quebec, speak English!
> >
> >And Dakar is not in Quebec.
>
> Why can't we all just get along? (my parents and brother lived in Paris for
> 3 years long time ago and my Mom always spoke fondly of that time)

Because politicians have a nasty habit of trying to change the world
for the better, in their opinion.  Canada is officially bilingual
English & French.  Enforcing that pisses off the Anglos who (rightly)
believe that the British won on the Plains of Abraham.  Meanwhile,
Quebec has decided that Quebec is French so English is deprecated
there.  This pisses off the Anglos as well.  Since Quebec is a large
voting block, Canada lets Quebec get away with this, and that pisses
off the Anglos.  Quebec's solution to this quagmire is to separate from
Canada.  And that pisses off the Anglos.

Hence the hot-headed responses like Paul's to innocent French speakers
(Quebecois or not).

And please don't top-post.  That pisses me off.  :-)

- -