Intel ep536 (again)

Hi folks

OK - anyone who read my other post will know I've had some problems with ppp today. These problems started after, having successfully compiled and installed the intel 536EP modem drivers I tried to go online with it.

I ran pppconfig and set the port to /dev/tty2 (COM3 on Windows) - tried to go online - and nothing. So I tried with /dev/modem, and my system froze - completely - with no way out other than to hit the reset button.

has anyone actually managed to get one of these things working?

Steve