Re: Sarge dist-upgrade wants to remove KDE

On Thursday 12 February 2004 18:09, Adam Aube wrote:
> On Thursday 12 February 2004 11:20 am, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> > I'm tracking Sarge now, and for the past couple of days, when I
> > tried dist-upgrade, it has wanted to remove pretty much every KDE
> > package on my system...
>
> KDE is currently broken in Sarge. The 3.1.5 packages coming from Sid
> should fix this soon,

OK, yeah, I knew that it was broken in Sarge, but I was surprise that
this would happen just now, as the first 3.1.5 packages was going into
Sarge. I was tracking Sid up to new years eve, and since then I have
been tracking Sarge, and haven't seen any particular problems since
then.

> Add this to your sources.list:
>
> deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool lm-sensors
>
> The problem is a dependency of ksysguardd was removed from Sarge,
> which this line will provide.

Thanks, but really, that is a problem I corrected long ago, I think I
fixed that problem when I first upgraded to Sid (after having a
mostly-woody system since I got into Debian as a newbie).

But I am OK, really, I just need to avoid a dist-upgrade, since I have
KDE working well. So I was just curious if it was some reason I was
seeing this now.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--