Re: Bruce Perens talks to BBC

> >>From my own experiences at leadership of various things, all I can say is
> >>I have total sympathy for politicians.  Put aside the concept of "sides"
> >>(as in "my side is winning") and ask yourself if you truly could do a
> >>better job.
> >

> > Wrong question.  Ask yourself "should this job be done at all?"  The answer
> > is usually "no".
>
> That was rather enlightening.  Thanks for the comment.  Never looked at
> it from that angle before.  :-)
>
> My pragmatic side says that there's no good way to stop someone from
> doing the unnecessary job, however... so I fall back to the original
> poster's comment... if realistically the job is always going to be
> there, those that have an issue with how it's being done should search
> for those who will do it the way they want or do it themselves.  Eh?
>
> Nate Duehr,
Stephen Pinker 'The Blank Slate' demonstrates the genetic impact on
behavior and development which suggests that as much as we might wish
the politicians and social theorists success at improving the behavior
of the adults who grew up under the principles of their social welfare
system, the results have been dissapointing. They might just as well
have pissed in the wind or poured the money down a rat hole.

FACT: the 'Noble Savage' is a myth. when he reads the forensic reports
from the graveyards of the yeoman farmers in Europe, and compares them
with the examination from indigeneous hunting tribes, he finds that the
latter shows *20 times* the number of male skeletons who died as a
result of violent assult. Data that predates the influence of the
colonial powers.

The field studies of primates show us that the vast majority of the
violence is at the hands of the 'alpha males'. DNA shows that this is an
*inherited* trait handed down in the male line. "Head Start" and similar
progressive development programs have no significant effect after the
boy hits puberty and his testosterone kicks in. Programs may be
effective for the girls however.