Re: Upgrade to new versions(woody - > sarge)

Roelof Wobben wrote:

Hello, I refrase my question: What i meant was : how can i update woody to sarge I know that the answer is somewhere in internet but i can't find it.

Assuming you're pulling your packages from the Internet, edit "/etc/apt/sources.list" so that all the instances of "woody" or "stable" (except for the "security"-related line) are changed to "sarge". Be careful not to add/delete a space or slash.

Once that's done:
apt-get update  <-- this updates the list of available packages
apt-get dist-upgrade  <-- this actually does the upgrade

--
Kent