[dpkg] configuration issues?

Hi,

I was hoping someone could answer my question but as of yet I have not seen any responses, and am content to try dealing with just this one issue, as I believe I can handle any other related issues after squashing this. The problem is when issuing dpkg --configure, I get the following error:

/usr/bin/perl: relocation error: /usr/lib/perl5/auto/Locale/gettext/gettext.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr

I've tried reinstalling perl and gettext without any luck. Any help on this would be much, much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark