Re: What is 'cat: alsa: No such file or directory' all about?

 --- duck <dizzyduck@uklinux.net> wrote: > On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:00:21
+0100, Simon Tod wrote:

> > I'm getting an error message trying to upgrade a number of packages
> that
> > looks like
> >
> > Setting up modutils (2.4.26-1) ...
> > cat: alsa: No such file or directory
> > dpkg: error processing modutils (--configure):
> >  subprocess post-installation script returned error
> > exit status 1
>
> IIRC, I've got this error before. I think it was because
> /etc/modutils/alsa didn't exist or something like that...

Okay, so how do I solve this?
I have don't have alsa installed, but I guess I must have had them
installed at some point... as /etc/modutils/alsa exists, but it is a
sym link to /etc/alsa/modutils/0.9 which doesn't exist.
So, I tried installing alsa-base and alsa-utils. But, these fails cause
they depend on modutils and dpkg exits with an error when trying to
configure them. So, modutils seems to need alsa but alsa need modutils.
Bit of a circle problem, how do I get round this?!
Thanks