Red Buttom Pointer/Mouse on IBM Thinkpad not working when booting from LTSP server

Hi

I have a IBM Thinkpad and the red dot mouse pointer works fine in RedHat 9
when booting from the hard disk... however, when I boot it from the network
(LTSP server) the mouse pointer moves irratically.

I checked the XF86Config in /etc/X11 of the Hard Disk and it uses the same
mouse driver settings as a wheel mouse...

Any ideas what else I should try?

The moment I plug a PS/2 Mouse into the notebook and try, it works fine.

Regards

Rishi