Re: Intel Pro Gigabit Ethernet drivers in Woody

John Hasler wrote:

Jan Kokoska writes:

Avoid kernel compilation? Why would you want that? ;) IMHO one of the
most cool things to do to learn about Linux, right after trying to code
your own modules/patches

Don't make it seem harder than it is.  No knowledge of programming is
required to compile a kernel.

Yeah, but liking it depends on how many times you have to do it and for whom:
0-2 (while a newbie) --> not good
2-10 (not quite a newbie anymore) -->satisfying
>10 (and an old hand) ---> what a bother.

I just want to setup a server for the office, I'm not in the mood to tune my own box :)
V.-