mv: permissions warning with samba mount

I have a shell script on one debian system here to back up certain
portions of the filesystem.  It simply tars up the directories and
moves the tar file to a samba share which is backed up by some already
in-place windows software.

The problem is that mv is too noisy :
    mv: failed to preserve ownership for `/mnt/red1/Builds/cvsbackup/CVS-Backup-2004-01-21.tar.gz': Operation not permitted

This is a problem because I then become conditioned to ignore emails
from cron assuming they only contain this non-problem.  However,
sometimes there is a real problem and I need to know about it.
Therefore, I want this particular error message to not be reported,
however I want other errors (for example No space left on device) to
go to stderr.  When this script is run, stdout is sent to a log file
and stderr (if any) is sent to me via mail.

Any suggestions?

Hmm, I suppose I could code the logging in the script itself rather
than using shell redirection in the cron job and then let errors just
go to stdout.

-D

--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user' as
meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."