Newbie Install Question

I am new to Debian and also not highly experienced with Linux.  I've
successfully installed Red Hat and Mandrake and am now trying to learn about
Debian

I downloaded the ISO images for Woody and my next step will be to try to install
it.  I am confused about one thing.  For Disk 1 there is an image for what looks
like disk 1 and there is also an "update" disk 1.  It looks like the update disk
is revision 2.1 of the 3.0 version and the first one just revision 2.

It looks like the update is a full 650 megs or so.  Do I install the "Disk 1"
and then the "Disk 1 update", or do I only install the update disk 1?

Second question:  There is a "Disk 1 NON-US" image.  What is it for?

Mike Strickland